Board of Chaplaincy Certification
The Marifa Foundation is pleased to announce we have applied to be an official endorser for our faith as part of the Board of Chaplaincy Certification process. Once approved, individuals who meet the below criteria are eligible to apply for a letter of endorsement from the Marifa Foundation as part of their application to BCCI for certification. To inquire about applying, email email@example.com for an application. After applying, you will be scheduled for an interview. A committee will review your application and interview and notify you if you’ve met the criteria as quickly as possible.
- Applicants must have a master’s degree in the areas of Sufi Studies, Sufi Ministry, or related fields. Certificates, transcripts and copies of diplomas can be submitted as proof. Applicants without formal courses of study in the field of Sufism may be eligible for an equivalency waiver on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants must complete at least one unit of Clinical Pastoral Education training as provided by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education or demonstration of equivalent training or supervised experience.
- Applicants must submit three short statements of assurance (maximum of 500 words each) which certify that the applicant is competent in the following criteria. In the applicant’s interview they will be further questioned on these items.
- Applicants must have competency in:
- the necessary interpersonal skills for working effectively with people of all faiths and various cultural backgrounds.
- the consistent ability to communicate with people in a sensitive, heartfelt, and respectful way.
- A demonstratable understanding of teachings of Sidi Muhammad as taught in his books: Religion of Unity, Path to Allah, Most High, He Who Knows Himself Knows His Lord, The Sufi Realities, The Secret of the Love of God.
- Applicants must write an autobiographical statement (of no more than 1,000 words) which includes:
- Activities and services the applicant has done since taking the promise to follow the Sufi Way.
- Community involvement within their local or national Shadhuliyya Sufi community.
- Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to the Sufi practices including 5 daily prayers, al wird, dhikr, and remembrance in their daily life and to purification and beautification of their character as exemplified by the Prophets of the Sufi Way (Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad).
- Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation:
- One should speak to how the applicant works with people of all faiths, various cultural backgrounds, and communicates in a sensitive, heartfelt, and respectful way.
- One should confirm that the applicant displays good moral conduct as exemplified by the Holy books ( Torah, Bible, Gospels, Qu’ran and Sunnah). Additionally, this letter should be a witness that the applicant has at least three years of active participation in the faith of the Sufi Way.
- Applicants must submit a letter of accountability signed by a notary that no religious body, employer or professional organization has filed a civil or criminal complaint against the applicant for unethical conduct nor has such a complaint pending, nor has one been previously settled.
- Applicants must complete and sign the application Release of Liability Form.
- Applicants must pay a non-refundable application and processing fee of $99.00